The Generic Instance Changed Action
#define kOfxActionInstanceChanged "OfxActionInstanceChanged"
handle to the plug-in instance, cast to an
has the following properties...
- the type of the thing that changed which will be one of..
- kOfxTypeParameter - indicating a parameter's value has changed in some way
- kOfxTypeClip - a clip to an image effect has changed in some way (for Image Effect Plugins only)
- the name of the thing that was changed in the instance
- what triggered the change, which will be one of...
- kOfxChangeUserEdited - the user or host changed the instance somehow and caused a change to something, this includes undo/redos, resets and loading values from files or presets,
- kOfxChangePluginEdited - the plugin itself has changed the value of the instance in some action
- kOfxChangeTime - the time has changed and this has affected the value of the object because it varies over time
- the effect time at which the chang occured (for Image Effect Plugins only)
- the render scale currently being applied to any image fetched from a clip (for Image Effect Plugins only)
is redundant and is set to NULL.
This action signals that something has changed in a plugin's instance, either by user action, the host or the plugin itself. All change actions are bracketed by a pair of kOfxActionBeginInstanceChanged and kOfxActionEndInstanceChanged actions. The
property set is used to determine what was the thing inside the instance that was changed.
- kOfxActionCreateInstance has been called on the instance handle,
- kOfxActionBeginInstanceChanged has been called on the instance handle.
- kOfxActionEndInstanceChanged will be called on the instance handle.
- kOfxStatOK, the action was trapped and all was well
- kOfxStatReplyDefault, the action was ignored
- kOfxStatFailed, something went wrong, but no error code appropriate, the plugin should to post a message