The Generic Create Instance Action
#define kOfxActionCreateInstance "OfxActionCreateInstance"
handle to the plug-in instance, cast to an
is redundant and is set to NULL,
is redundant and is set to NULL.
The kOfxActionCreateInstance is the first action passed to a plug-in's instance after its creation. It is there to allow a plugin to create
any per-instance data structures it may need.
- kOfxActionDescribe has been called
- the instance is fully constructed, with all objects requested in the describe actions (eg, parameters and clips) have been constructed and have had their initial values set. This means that if the values are being loaded from an old setup, that load should have taken place before the create instance action is called.
the instance pointer will be valid until the
action is passed to the plug-in with the same instance handle
- kOfxStatOK, the action was trapped and all was well
- kOfxStatReplyDefault, the action was ignored, but all was well anyway
- kOfxStatErrMemory, in which case this may be called again after a memory purge
- kOfxStatFailed, something went wrong, but no error code appropriate, the plugin should to post a message if possible and the host should destroy the instanace handle and not attempt to proceed further